How to care for + store your Freshwater Pearls
We have a large selection of genuine Freshwater Pearls in the shop. From earrings, rings, bracelets, and necklaces; here’s how you should clean and store your precious pearls to keep them looking gorgeous.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR FRESHWATER PEARLS:
Freshwater pearls are delicate natural gems that can be damaged if not cared for properly. Here are three steps to gently clean + store your pearl jewelry
OTHER TIPS + TRICKS:
- Did you know that pearls do best in a moist environment? Wearing them frequently keeps them from drying out, so the more you wear your pearls, the better!
- A good rule of thumb to remember with pearls is “Last on, first off.” Pearls should be the final touch to your outfit. Apply makeup, hairspray, lotion or perfume before you put on your precious pearls.
- Freshwater pearls are organic, and their coloring can change over time. To prevent yellowing, store pearls in a soft fabric pouch or a fabric-lined jewelry box.
- Wipe your pearls off after each wear to ensure that any natural body oils, makeup and perfumes are wiped off the surface of the pearl. Any residual oils can damage the quality and color of the pearl over time.
- Every now and then, take a close look at your pearls and make sure they are in good shape. Due to the nature of pearls being made from grains of sand, they can break down over time with the friction of frequent wear and tear. If you start to notice some extra space between the beads, please reach out to request a re-stringing of your piece. We are always happy to help restore it for you.
Freshwater Pearls are a fabulous investment for you and your daughters. They make a great everyday accessory and a sweet heirloom to pass down. With the recent pearl trend here to stay, you’ll need these important care tips to preserve the quality and color of your classy pearl accessories.