GEMS bracelets and necklaces are all hand made in Utah. Everything sold on the site has been made with the highest quality materials and have been tried and tested by me + and my team, and approved by hundreds of happy customers. (See for yourself here) We use only gold filled and sterling silver components making your jewelry last and look beautiful for years to come.
reasons to love gems
Gold filled jewelry contains 100 percent more gold than is found in gold-plated jewelry. It is legally required to be 5% or 1/20 gold by weight. The gold is pressure bonded with an underlying metal (typically brass) making it incredibly durable. Gold filled jewelry is meant to be a lifetime product because the layer of gold is quite thick. This makes it less likely to ever chip, flake, or tarnish. Don’t mistake gold filled jewelry for gold plated as they are very different finished metals. I stand by gold filled material knowing from personal and professional experience that it is worth spending a little bit more on precious pieces of jewelry so that my customers, my children and I can wear it daily for years on end.
Sterling silver is considered a precious metal. It is composed of 92.5% pure silver with the other 7.5% composed of other metals, usually copper. Sterling silver is durable and lightweight, making it an ideal metal for jewelry that can be worn daily. However, sterling silver does tarnish naturally over time due to a chemical reaction between the silver and oxygen. Your body chemistry + oils in your skin will actually help to preserve the sterling silver, which is why it’s recommended that you wear sterling silver jewelry frequently. When not wearing it, you should store your sterling silver jewelry in an air-tight container such as a ziplock bag.